Monday, July 27, 2009

Something Else


Amidst all of the birthday hoopla, other things have actually been happening in my life. Shocking, I know!!! One of those things has been searching for ecofriendly, safe bathtub toys for the girls. They LOVE to play in the bath, but when I found out about BPA and phthalates, and all of those other wonderful things they have been poisoning our children with to save a buck, I tossed their toys and have been struggling since then to find replacements. Most bathtub toys these days are plastic. I mean, it's cheap and waterproof. What I did find in all of my research is rubber ducks that are actually made of (you'll never guess!) RUBBER! I was thrilled as a large portion of the toys I had tossed were rubber (and by that I mean phthalate-laden plastic) ducks. I ordered the real rubber ducks (actually called The Original Rubber Duck) from www.tinybirdorganics.com
The price was reasonable and shipping was free. On that note, I will definitely being doing business with this company again. I ordered the ducks on Thurs. night and received them Sat. morning. Talk about great customer service!!

The ducks are made by a company called Rich Frog. I went to their website to check them out and found that they carry many bathtub toys, and according to the company safety statement they are a BPA and phthalate-free manufacturer https://www.richfrog.com/pdf/SafetyBrochure.pdf Check them out!!! Their toys seem reasonably priced though I have not ordered from them directly as of yet and am not sure of shipping costs/time.
I'll let you know when I do order.

No comments:

Post a Comment