Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Abbey's Birthday

So my middle daughter is about to turn 2. She wanted a Woody's Roundup birthday party (you know, from Toy Story 2). Well, let me tell you, Woody stuff is not easy to find. I am making all of her gifts as well as the goody bag treats and the decorations. WOW, have I bitten off a little more than I can chew? YES I HAVE! But, I love it! Who needs sleep, am I right? It is going to be great though! I can't wait. She is getting a Roundup gang quilt, a set of pajamas, a finger puppet theatre with Roundup Gang puppets, and a Roundup-themed I Spy bag. I'll post pics as I finish these projects. The puppet stuff is done, but I still have the rest to go and 3-1/2 weeks left to get it done.

Today, I am working on the goody bags. They are burlap on the outside and bandana on the inside with jute ties and western charms. I got a great tutorial for these lined drawstring bags from happythings:
http://happythings.typepad.com/happythings/2006/04/dsb_301_better_.html

1 comment: